me too. International
Application Deadline: April 30
(or until filled)
The ‘me too.’ Movement was founded in 2006 to help survivors of sexual violence find pathways to healing. Our vision is to address both the dearth in resources for survivors of sexual violence and to build a community of advocates, driven by survivors, who will be at the forefront of creating solutions to interrupt sexual violence in their communities.
Because of the viral #metoo hashtag, a vital conversation about sexual violence has been thrust into the national dialogue. What started as local grassroots work has expanded to reach a global community of survivors from all walks of life and helped to destigmatize the act of surviving by highlighting the breadth and impact of a sexual violence worldwide.
‘me too.’ seeks a dynamic, thoughtful and creative communications specialist with a deep commitment to social justice to join the organization. This individual should be an excellent content generator who can jump into an upstart environment and add value quickly. This is a fast-paced position and requires the ability to juggle priorities and respond to changing environments with a positive disposition and flexibility. This person will work within the Communications Department, and will have responsibilities related to external engagement including funders and donor stakeholders. This requires the skills to strategize at a high level with regard to the full range of organizational outreach. This position reports to the Chief Communications Officer with guidance and direction from executive staff.
Public Relations and Campaigns
- Compose and refine original content for paid, earned, and shared media
- Serve as an essential driver and member of the team responsible for the organization’s online and rapid response campaigns
- Work with Chief Communications Officer around pitch ideation and execution
- Collaborate across communications and programs teams to implement appropriate public relations, advertising, and marketing strategies
- Help to develop and manage the organization’s brand and survivor ambassador program, as well as influencer engagement strategies
- Be responsive to relevant issues in the news and the communities ‘me too.’ exists to serve, on and offline
- Ideate and present plans that strengthen the organization’s communications strategy and deepen our community of survivors and allies
Development and Fundraising
Work in partnership with the Development Associate to:
- Create fundraising campaigns and donor appeals
- Compose individual donor and stakeholder correspondence
- Engage with donors year-round and support the creation and dissemination of the organization’s year-end/impact report
Ideal Candidate Profile
You are passionate about developing impactful messaging and narrative devices for a mission that you believe in. You are a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-paced work environment. You are also a problem-solver who is curious, persistent, resourceful, and who enjoys pursuing opportunities to help the team further the mission through a wide range of communications tactics and techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high level of integrity and cultural competence, as sensitivity and specialization is required
- Familiarity with social listening tools, CRM, and CMS platforms
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to excel with ease, and produce quickly and efficiently, in a remote, decentralized office environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and a high level of attention to detail
- A sense of humor, modesty, and collaborative spirit
- Experience working in the social justice and gender justice fields
- Knowledge of graphic design and video production a plus
Hours and Salary
This is a full-time, remote position, with some travel required. Starting salary is $65,000 per year. Employee healthcare coverage is active after 60 days. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please complete this form and submit the documents listed below. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com with “Communications Specialist” in the subject line.
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (please share something of a relevant topic) ‘me too.’ is an equal opportunity employer. Racial, ethnic, religious, and sexual minorities, as well as persons with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.