me too. International
Application Deadline: February 28, 2021
(or until filled)
The ‘me too.’ Movement was founded in 2006 to help survivors of sexual violence find pathways to healing. We envision a world free of sexual violence. We assert that the transformation of oppressive systems, narratives, and cultures, grounded in the lived experiences and leadership of survivors, creates space for generative ideas, practices, and relationships rooted in love, respect, empathy, and wellness. We imagine communities that are abundant with joy, safety, and resources and committed to radical healing, and we are committed to the work to live toward this vision.
Because of the viral #metoo hashtag, a vital conversation about sexual violence has been thrust into the national dialogue. What started as local grassroots work has expanded to reach a global community of survivors from all walks of life and helped to destigmatize the act of surviving by highlighting the breadth and impact of sexual violence worldwide.
me too. International’s Development Associate will serve as a frontline fundraiser for sustaining existing funding partnerships and mining new revenue opportunities primarily from institutional funders (private and public). They will be responsible for the entire life cycle of the grant-seeking process from identification to prospect research to grant writing and grant management in their portfolio. The Development Associate will also be responsible for creating an individual giving pipeline, as well as a process for corporate partnerships and sponsorships.
Portfolio Management and Planning
- Develop and maintain ‘me too.’s portfolio of revenue opportunities, alongside ‘me too.’ leadership
- Work hand-in-hand with staff to ensure me too. International maximizes opportunities and meets our revenue goals while building an opportunity pipeline to ensure continued support
- Identify and qualify new prospects to add to our portfolio
- Build, track, and execute a pipeline and portfolio that will ensure we collectively reach our revenue goals
- Standardize and streamline the process for portfolio management and planning. Build on our current systems, with an eye towards the entire fiscal year to meet deadlines and increase the effectiveness in securing funding year-round
Cultivation and Stewardship
- Ensure strong relationships and regular communication with all funders in ‘me too.’s portfolio while adding new potential funders through outreach and cultivation activities
- Manage all communication with funders ranging from regular updates and special projects.
- Ensure grant compliance and 100% on-time grant report submissions
- Ensure CRM data integrity, be vigilant about record keeping, and standardize the type of information that is being entered.
Prospect Research & Analysis
- Conduct in-depth analysis of existing, lapsed and new funders to pursue and to add to ‘me too.’s portfolio
- Build potential prospect list within target markets using prospect research resources, managing the process from identification to research to submission
- Conduct in-depth research on prospects, including information on institutional characteristics, giving capacities, key staff and our connections to them (e.g. relationship mapping), and recent news
- Pursue knowledge of trends in local philanthropy
Ideal Candidate Profile
You are passionate about securing resources for a mission that you believe in. You are a self-starter, and thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-paced work environment. You are also a problem-solver who is curious, persistent, resourceful, and who enjoys pursuing opportunities to help the team identify and secure philanthropic partnerships to create a robust pipeline of revenue opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years of development/fundraising or relevant experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and CRM database structures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to find, analyze and synthesize complex information to produce clear and effective written documents
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, problem solve and manage time and stress well
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for me too.’s mission
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from multiple stakeholders
- A drive for excellence and ability to be a team player
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a young organization
- A strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
Hours and Salary
- This is a full-time, remote position, with some travel required. Starting salary is $60,000 per year. Employee healthcare coverage is active after 60 days.
How to Apply
Please use this link to apply for the position. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com