Digital Content Intern
Digital Content Intern
Application Deadline: June 10
me too. International serves as a convener, thought leader, and organizer across the mainstream and the grassroots to address systems that allow for the proliferation of sexual violence, specifically in Black, queer, trans, disabled, and all communities of color. Leveraging its model and framework, grounded in existing research and theory, ‘me too.’ centers individual and community healing and transformation, empowerment through empathy, innovation, shifting cultural narratives and practices, and advancing a global survivor-led movement to end sexual violence.
Because of the viral #metoo hashtag, a vital conversation about sexual violence has been thrust into the national dialogue. What started as local grassroots work has expanded to reach a global community of survivors from all walks of life and helped to destigmatize the act of surviving by highlighting the breadth and impact of a sexual violence worldwide.
The Digital Content Intern will assist the me too. International communications team in planning, creating, and posting digital content for digital platforms, including social media, websites, and email communications.
Over the course of the internship, the intern will learn how to research, plan, and implement digital marketing strategies that connect with large audiences. They will gain experience in a survivor justice space, have opportunities to engage in planning meetings, and learn digital marketing and communications best practices.
The key responsibilities of the ‘me too.’ Digital Content Intern include the following:
- Social media support: Assist the Digital Strategist and the Media and Narrative Strategist with researching, monitoring, posting, and scheduling content to ‘me too.’ social media channels.
- Website management: Support routine updates to metoomvmt.org.
- Constituent relationship management (CRM): Assist in database record maintenance and e-campaign production and dissemination.
- Provide editing and proofreading support for communications that may appear on a range of platforms.
- Digital performance reports: Produce monthly reports that track analytics across websites, socials, and CRM.
- Content creation: Conduct subject matter research, draft messaging for a range of platforms, and produce short form video content to reach new audiences.
- Humor and enthusiasm, with the ability to practice discretion and confidentiality around sensitive information
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with best practices for social media
- Understanding of social media use for nonprofits and/or businesses
- Basic knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Short video production experience desirable but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work constructively and collaboratively with people in a wide variety of professional positions
- Understanding of and commitment to survivor justice and disrupting rape culture. Committed to reproductive justice
$20 per hour, 12 hours per week minimum. This hourly contracted position does not include insurance benefits.
Weekly schedule is flexible during daytime business hours, though participation at the weekly staff meetings Tuesdays from 1:00-3:00pm EST is required. This is a paid internship, and course credit is available for students.
Send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with “Digital Content Intern” in the subject line:
- Cover letter or introductory email
- Resume or portfolio
- Writing or work samples that demonstrate your understanding of digital content creation
‘me too.’ is an equal opportunity employer. Racial, ethnic, religious, and sexual minorities, as well as persons with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.