me too. International
The ‘me too.’ Movement was founded in 2006 to help survivors of sexual violence find pathways to healing. Our vision is to address both the dearth in resources for survivors of sexual violence and to build a community of advocates, driven by survivors, who will be at the forefront of creating solutions to interrupt sexual violence in their communities.
Because of the viral #metoo hashtag, a vital conversation about sexual violence has been thrust into the national dialogue. What started as local grassroots work has expanded to reach a global community of survivors from all walks of life and helped to destigmatize the act of surviving by highlighting the breadth and impact of a sexual
The Digital Director will design campaigns, and manage brand awareness through the activities and functions of ‘me too’s’ digital ecosystem including its websites, social media channels, and e-campaigns. They will design and implement integrated digital marketing strategies, analyze performance and user metrics, and ensure consistency of ‘me too.’s brand across all digital platforms. This role reports to the Chief Communications Officer.
- Lead the development and implementation of all online platforms and social media engagement strategies
- Serve as an essential driver and member of the team responsible for the organization’s online campaigns and interventions
- Build a content strategy that Increases brand awareness, website and social media traffic, and grows our communities
- Collaborate across teams to design campaigns and activations utilizing ‘me too.’s online properties, e-campaigns, social media, paid and earned media
- Monitor and interpret performance metrics and content analytics. Generate and present reports to inform decision making and strategy development
- Utilize EveryAction CRM to manage lists, integrate messaging architecture within social media, website engagement, and e-campaigns
- Review all digital content prior to launch
- Supervise digital communications projects and digital content production
- Represent ‘me too.’ in meetings and discussions with partners about shared digital strategies
- Ensure the organization is making the best use of new and tried-and-tested digital and creative approaches in its program work, bringing in additional expertise where needed
- Develop organizational policies and guidelines around digital content, social media, and supporter data
Digital Community Building
- Understand and steward ‘me too.’s digital audiences, and implement evidence-based approaches to engage them effectively
- Lead the design and delivery of digital marketing campaigns that drive engagement and turn social media followers into subscribers and stakeholders
- Utilize EveryAction CRM to organize ‘me too.’ audiences and stakeholders and create specialized campaigns according to their interest and engagement level
- Utilize website and social media analytics to inform the development and enhancement of content and materials
- Oversee ‘me too.’s online presence, including its websites, social media channels, and e-campaign management platforms
- Manage ‘me too.’s websites to meet organizational objectives, working with external agency/contractors as needed, including: leading on ensuring good user experience, SEO and governance of international content; briefing and managing fixes and improvement sprints; overseeing secure and stable hosting; and engaging with staff across the organization to develop digital content
- Liaise with web developers, contractors and vendors to negotiate agreements that ensure optimal and secure online spaces, and timely deliverables of products and maintenance updates
- Manage web development vendors around front-facing and back-end updates, and necessary upgrades that keep the organization in accessibility compliance and improve user experience
- Collaborate across teams to help reach development, programmatic, and communications goals
- Create website management plans to keep content up to date
- Protect the organization’s brand and and creative content in line with style guides
- Lead the production of new web content- toolkits, blogs and info sheets
- Work within communications team to help carry out and guide annual work plans.
- Manage internal staff, vendors/contractors, timelines, and budgets related to digital campaigns and content.
- Maintain a feedback-rich culture of learning, trust, and creativity
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in digital marketing, strategy development and content management.
- Demonstrated success with engagement strategies related to social issues.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to set priorities, manage work plans and evaluate progress of complex projects
- Experience repurposing content and driving engagement campaigns.
- Proficiency in digital marketing and analytics tools such as Google Analytics, FacebookBusiness Manager, SproutSocial, and Mailchimp.
- Good understanding of e-commerce and CMS platforms
- Familiarity with all major social media networks including Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Excellent understanding of digital practices such as SEO, SEM, SMO, and PPC
- Adaptable, versatile, and the ability to keep up to date with social sector trends and advancements in storytelling technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytic abilities
- Knowledge of graphic design and video production is a plus
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high level of integrity and cultural competence, as sensitivity and specialization is required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to excel with ease, and produce quickly and efficiently, in a remote, decentralized office environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and a high level of attention to detail
- A sense of humor and collaborative spirit
Hours and Salary
This is a full-time, remote position, with some travel required. Starting salary is $90,000 per year. Employee healthcare coverage is active the first of the month after hire date. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Cover letter
- Content sample that demonstrates strategy development and implementation
‘me too.’ is an equal opportunity employer. Racial, ethnic, religious, and sexual minorities, as well as persons with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.