me too. International
Application Deadline: July 23
(or until filled)
Mission: ‘me too.’ serves as a convener, innovator, thought leader, and organizer across the mainstream and the grassroots to address systems that allow for the proliferation of sexual violence, specifically in Black, queer, trans, disabled, and all communities of color. Leveraging its model and framework, grounded in existing research and theory, ‘me too.’ centers individual and community healing and transformation, empowerment through empathy, shifting cultural narratives and practices, and advancing a global survivor-led mvement to end sexual violence.
Vision: me too. International envisions a world free of sexual violence. We assert that the transformation of oppressive systems, narratives, and cultures, grounded in the lived experiences and leadership of survivors, creates space for generative ideas, practices and relationships rooted in love, respect, empathy, and wellness. We imagine communities that are abundant with joy, safety, and resources and committed to radical healing, and we are committed to the work to live toward this vision.
The ‘me too.’ Digital Strategist must be a mission-focused, strategic, and web-savvy creative with experience managing multiple platforms and applications, developing original written and visual content, and executing online engagement strategies to mobilize supporters across fields and interests. The Digital Strategist must be thoughtful, careful, and eager to seek out ways to grow a network of emerging activists; increase visibility of ‘me too.’ as a movement organization; and raise awareness about the issues ‘me too.’ exists to disrupt. This is a fast-paced, self-driven position that requires a blend of interpersonal skills, flexibility, and familiarity working with various platforms. This position reports to the Chief Communications Officer with guidance and direction from executive staff.
The Digital Strategist will work across departments to design organizing campaigns that integrate all of ‘me too.’s online platforms and build community with survivors and supporters. They will create and disseminate content that activates followers to become allies, stakeholders, and ambassadors of the movement. Lastly, they will utilize social listening tools to field interest and track sentiment across intersecting issue areas, and produce analytic reports to enhance performance.
- Liaise with the website development team around front-facing and back-end updates, and necessary upgrades that keep the organization in accessibility compliance and improve user experience
- Create and oversee a website management plan to keep content fresh and relevant
- Develop plan for regular updates to website resource library and production of new toolkits, blogs, and info sheets
- Act as content curator and manager for ‘me too.’s online properties and represent ‘me too.’ in meetings and discussions with partners about shared digital strategies
- Co-create email campaigns with Communications Strategist that promote programs and events, and carry out the organization’s narrative strategy
- Utilize EveryAction CRM to organize ‘me too.’ audiences and stakeholders and create specialized campaigns according to their interest and engagement level
- Experiment with methods to grow and engage organization’s subscriber lists
- Compose, schedule and publish content to all social media platforms on a regular and consistent basis
- Create and implement a social media strategy that raises visibility of organization’s work and offerings
- Work across departments and with partners and freelancers to produce original content, share resources, create narrative campaigns, and galvanize support
- Address and/or respond to relevant issues in the news and popular culture topics impacting survivor communities
- Perform administrator duties on all social media platforms to ensure a safe environment for ‘me too.’s communities
Virtual Event & Program Support
- Promote and schedule event reminders for participants and registrants
- Support program staff with event broadcasts, live streams, and tech
- Live tweet and/or capture content for future use; engage with viewers to encourage post-event traction
- Provide post-event support (upload videos, event recap, upload list of registrants to CRM, etc.)
Ideal Candidate Profile
You are passionate about developing impactful messaging and narrative devices for a mission that you believe in. You are a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-paced work environment. You are also a problem-solver who is curious, persistent, resourceful, and who enjoys pursuing opportunities to help the team further the mission through a wide range of communications tactics and techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high level of integrity and cultural competence, as sensitivity and specialization is required
- Working knowledge of social listening tools, CRM and CMS platforms
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to excel with ease, and produce quickly and efficiently, in a remote, decentralized office environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and a high level of attention to detail
- A sense of humor, modesty, and collaborative spirit
- Experience working in the social justice and gender justice fields
- Knowledge of graphic design and video production a plus
Hours and Salary
This is a full-time, remote position, with some travel required. Starting salary is $65,000 per year. Employee healthcare coverage is active after 60 days. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please complete this form and submit the documents listed below. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Strategist” in the subject line.
- Cover letter
- Three samples of social media or other digital content you’ve produced (can be in the form of links, screenshots, or slides)
‘me too.’ is an equal opportunity employer. Racial, ethnic, religious, and sexual minorities, as well as persons with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.