me too. International
Application deadline: April 30, 2021
(or until filled)
The ‘me too.’ Movement was founded in 2006 to help survivors of sexual violence find pathways to healing. Our vision is to address both the dearth in resources for survivors of sexual violence and to build a community of advocates, driven by survivors, who will be at the forefront of creating solutions to interrupt sexual violence in their communities. Because of the viral #metoo hashtag, a vital conversation about sexual violence has been thrust into the national dialogue. What started as local grassroots work has expanded to reach a global community of survivors from all walks of life and helped to de-stigmatize the act of surviving by highlighting the breadth and impact of sexual violence worldwide.
The me too. International Executive Assistant must be a mission-focused, strategic, and process-oriented professional with experience managing complex schedules and other administrative tasks, as well as operations support to the organization. The assistant must have a high level of integrity, as confidentiality is required. The person must be thoughtful, careful, and eager to seek out ways to operationalize support, primarily for the Chief Executive Officer.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO):
- Manage schedule, including scheduling meetings and speaking engagements
- Conduct pre-event meetings to ensure all details are clear
- Coordinate meeting cadence according to priority
- Procure travel arrangements
- Assist with communications, including making and returning telephone calls and emails on her behalf, and drafting, for her approval, correspondence to organizational partners and other stakeholders
- Prepare for meetings and engagements, ensuring she has all needed materials and information
- Organize and maintain electronic files
Board of Directors
- Schedule quarterly meetings
- Prepare and distribute board meeting packet and any other appropriate materials
- If Secretary is not present, take minutes in meetings
- Oversee all administrative management duties for the organization
- Support Finance & Operations Associate in managing the day-to-day operations of the organization
- Serve as liaison between various departments within the organization
- Serve as liaison between staff and partners regarding events or programming
- Vet potential speaking events, and interviews
- Manage event coordination as needed, organize files and documents, and ensure materials are current and properly stored
- Facilitate outreach communication to current and prospective organizational partners
- Support leadership in organizing and procuring benefits for staff members, and any gratitude for stakeholders
- Maintain and keep current key organizational materials, including partners, board and funders lists, manuals, letterhead, business cards, etc.
- Minimum three years executive and administrative experience preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong commitment to social justice and survivors of sexual violence
- Familiarity with GSuite and various CRM systems preferred
- Comfortable with technology and a quick learner with online platforms and apps
- Self-motivated, strong, independent self-starter, problem solver
- Excellent oral, written communication, and technology skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and judgment
- Able to work within tight deadlines; ability to multitask on projects
- Experience with creative and solution-oriented problem solving
- Superb organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and projects
- Able and willing to do frequent evening and/or weekend work
Hours and Salary
This is a full-time position, with employee healthcare coverage after 60 days. Starting salary is $58,000 per year. Employee healthcare coverage active after 60 days of employment.
Please complete this form and submit the documents listed below. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (please share something of a relevant topic) me too. International is an equal opportunity employer. Racial, ethnic, religious, and sexual minorities, as well as persons with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.