Organizing Manager, Survivors’ Agenda Coalition
Survivors’ Agenda Coalition
Term: June 20th – November 30th, 2022 (15 hours/week for 24 weeks) = $28,800
Rate and Payment Structure: $80/hour to be invoiced monthly
Key Objective: Serve as the manager for organizing and campaign activities for Survivors’ Agenda, with a particular focus on the Survivors Vote initiative. Work closely in partnership with the Campaign & Organizing Subcommittee, Steering Committee, Community Partners, and Anchor Partners of Survivors’ Agenda. Ensure all organizing efforts are being implemented in a timely manner, with effective communication, and in accordance with the collective’s values. This role is 30% strategy design and 70% project management and execution.
The purpose of the Survivors’ Agenda collective is to:
- Foster political and narrative alignment among survivor justice organizations, with the intention to create a stronger ecosystem of organizations working towards a common north star.
- Create a container for organizations to engage in survivor justice efforts with an explicit Black, feminist lens (including organizations who are in the process of integrating these principles).
- Conduct public education on the ability of policy change to improve the lives of survivors and the ability of survivors to influence those policies.
- Solidify ‘survivorhood’ as an identity and constituency, including lifting up survivors as a politically engaged base of voters.
- Build a national network that will carry out a joint organizing strategy in response to current conditions facing survivors.
- June 20th – September 6th, 2022: Raana Simmons, Interim Coordinator
- September 6th – November 30th, 2022: Alicia Jay, Coordinator
Scope of Work:
- Work closely with the Campaign & Organizing Subcommittee to set strategy and project manager activities
- Serve as the point person for Survivors Vote organizing activities, in partnership with Coordinator
- Provide updates and recommendations to the Steering Committee on organizing strategy and tactics
- Support the base building and audience segmentation efforts of the collective
- Support the surveying and polling efforts of the collective
- Support the compliance of c3/c4 guidelines in partnership with the Coordinator and Anchor partners
Application Procedure: Submit the following to Rain Simmons, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter/letter of intent outlining experience with similar projects
- Contact information for two references